Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Visiting an Undisclosed Location


 Notice that I didn't say a "super secret undisclosed location"? That's because these particular owners blab about it to everyone. I am just surprised that they were able to keep their pie holes shut while we were there. But the minute we left their driveway they plastered it all over the internet. Let's just call them Jethro Buckhumper and Bambi Poledancer. I may have mentioned them before in a blog but I don't remember. But if you have read their blog I think that Jethro may have mixed up some of the facts. So I would like to set the record straight.

For weeks we would get messages and texts from Jethro and Bambi saying things like this. "Please come for a visit! We are so bored and you two are the most spectacular people we know and we need a piece of that!" Every day we would get messages, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Then one day they sent a message saying that they swallowed the Kool-aid and got the "VAX" and were having some side effects from it. A little worried we agreed to visit them out of the kindness of our hearts.

We loaded up the fifthwheel and made our way to their undisclosed location. Jethro said that the vax had affected him so I went in first to check on them and this is what I found.

He asked me if I thought anyone would notice? I said "No, hell I don't see a difference at all". Then Bambi walked into the room.
Again I said "I don't see a difference at all". In fact I thought she never looked better.

But all kidding aside, we had a great visit. Now that we are safely ensconced in our super secret undisclosed location again I can share all of the details of the trip. We arrived Tuesday afternoon. There was even a sign to welcome us. 

I am not sure what the hole meant but was willing to find out. That was just one of the weird things that happened that week. Another was that Jim said that I should sit outside their bedroom window. I said "what?' Sure enough, I went around the house and there was a chair there for me.

I thought the vax was really playing with their minds because I am not that kind of guy. We enjoyed Barb's tacos for dinner. Shrimp tacos so we felt special. The next day was filled with fun and frivolity. It started with us building Crepes.
This was my first attempt. Not bad.
My second one got a little more creative.

They were very good but I thought they were blintzes. I have never had one before because I always thought that my man card would get revoked but Jim assured me I was okay. We then went out and picked flowers.

This is turning into one of our strangest visits. He wanted to hold hands and skip through the forest but that is where I had to draw the line.

Now anyone who has been invited to their undisclosed location knows that he only invites people with marketable skills to help him build his house. Lucky for me, I have no marketable skills. At least that he knows about. But that didn't stop him from getting work out of me the entire week we were there.
Here I am helping him fix his Ranger.

Here I am helping Jim work on his porch.

Here I am helping him load the skidsteer for a job.

Here I am about to help install trusses on a persons shop that I don't even know.

Here I am helping Jim at someone else's house doing something or other.

Here I am helping Jim clear some trees.

If you want a relaxing vacation, go to Cancun or anywhere else for that matter. Maybe that is his plan for keeping us away. In between all of the work, we did get out and do some fun things. One day we drove through Custer and Hill City to look at all of the people clad in leather. Unknowingly to us though, we became part of the "Super Spreader" event. Oh well.

One day we were going to get into the Jeep when Lisa saw a big snake crawling up the windshield.

We yelled for Jim since it was his Jeep. I was cowering in the corner with Lisa and Barb. I think I even wet my pants a little. But Jim was our hero. He said it wasn't a rattlesnake but a 5 foot bull snake. Whatever it was it wasn't happy. It was hissing and lunging at us anyways. Jim was so cool and calm. He grabbed a stick to try and get it off of the Jeep. Here's a short video of him being a superstar. Turn up the volume.

We had a little archery challenge. I saw a tree stump out in the middle of their meadow. Jim got his range finder out and determined it to be about 240 yards. So we used my bow and we each had two shots to see who could get closer. After our shots we went to look for the arrows.

Just as we found the arrows Jim yells "BEAR!" So I turn around to look behind me expecting to see a grizzly or something. He chuckles and says "Ooops. It was just a chipmunk. Hey I found my arrow!" Right where he was standing. Imagine that. Mine is in the foreground of the picture. He won the five dollar bet and he gets bragging rights.

We skeedaddled out of there on Sunday with what was left of our dignity. It is always a fun time when we get together. It's too bad they didn't offer up their spare bedroom and save us $500 in fuel money. It was worth it though. Maybe we will get to do it again in the near future.





 
















12 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your supervision last week. You kept me from working too hard and getting hurt. Since you have been gone I have all the rafters and purlins in. I could have not done it without you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you waited till we left. I was worn out from all of the work.

      Delete
  2. OMG! Too funny! You are such a helpful friend. Jethro should be more thankful 😄. So glad you got the video footage! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🤣 I was looking forward to your rebuttal blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. For some reason we both see the world differently.

      Delete
  5. You guys are hilarious. Glad you had a great visit. Good luck with your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's easy to write when you have a good subject.

      Delete