Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Second Time Knee Surgery Exposed

This is just the follow up to my last blog.

We had to wait 3 days before we could see what my knee looked like underneath the wrap. So with Nurse Lisa's help, she started to unravel the wrap. Coil by coil, she slowly unraveled the wrap. On and on it went until finally it came off. Only to reveal a large mound of padding. It wasn't soaked in blood which was a good sign. In fact it was very dry. Off that came and then the magical moment happened. bare skin!

Just two tiny incisions is all it took for this surgery. Nothing to exciting. The scars aren't even going to be that impressive. No awesome war story to go along with them.


Modern medicine is amazing at times.

So a couple more days of icing and then physical therapy starts. I am able to walk and climb stairs pretty good. I am also weening myself off of the pain meds. Things are going well and I want to thank everyone for the well wishes

Stay warm where ever you may be.

4 comments:

  1. Glad everything went well!!Oh ya,you going to keep up on the shaving!!😜 it’s a good look for you buddy!!LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to keep up the manscaping for everyones benefit.

      Delete
  2. Amazing what they can do with a couple incisions. Keep getting better! Maybe they should tattoo the initials on your knee next time ;)

    ReplyDelete