Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Flint

"I can't believe that I am this old." "Where has the time gone?" It sounds like my bellyaching, but it's not. I know that seems hard to believe right? Those where actual statements from my wife, the ever perky Miss Lisa Marie.

"What's wrong my little porkchop? How can I cheer you up?" I ask comfortingly. "I know. Let's crash someones highschool reunion. Would that make you feel younger? Moorhead high is having their 40th class reunion. The class of 1978. We should go because the band "Flint" is playing!"

"Flintlock?" she says.

"No, FLINT. you know, "A spark of hot rock" FLINT. Turn up your hearing aid Gladys." I said. "They are playing from 8:30 to midnight down at Chumley's."

"8:30! That is so past my bedtime. See, I already have my bunny slippers on" she said.

Well we did get out and drive to Moorhead and go to Chumley's. In fact that made it the second time in one week that we stayed out past midnight. That normally doesn't happen to us anymore. What can I say,  "party animals". It was also Moorhead high's class of 1978's reunion. The reason we went is that my brother-in-law is the lead singer for the band Flint when he went to highschool in Moorhead in 1978.
As with everything, time ages us all. But we can fight back and stay young at heart.




They sounded great and everybody was having a fun time.
Lisa and Cindy.
They even brought out some groupies.

Sorry but the sound quality of my phone doesn't do them justice.

In 1978 I was in the eighth grade and Lisa said she was 11 so she was in the 5th grade. It was the mid eighties when I first met him and then his band was called The Phones and then later on they became Stickman then The Phones again. It was a regional band and they were really well liked and had a good following. They had several albums and you can find a few videos on youtube.

So it ended up being a fun evening because they don't get together that much and play anymore. It was worth staying up past our bedtimes. 


2 comments:

  1. I wanna see the bunny slippers! How fun, glad you went. I know what you mean about staying up past midnight. We were up visiting old friends until 2am. I was a zombie the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to stay up that late these days. Zombie? Well that explains a lot.

      Delete