Monday, March 11, 2019

Carney Life Wrap-up

The Strawberry Festival has quickly come to an end. I for one am glad. I mean, how many corndogs can a person eat?(27) It has really been uneventful for me. Which is weird. Usually something funny happens.

It was just Ash Wednesday which reminded me of a funny story about myself when I was an altar boy at St. Joseph's Catholic Church. Back in the day there were just priests and altar boys that performed the masses. Not like today where there are Priests, Deacons, lay people and altar boys. So on Ash Wednesday the altar boys would administer the ashes on peoples foreheads. We were told to just make a small cross on the forehead with your thumb. Easy. Well being a young adolescent teen, that wasn't good enough. Pretty soon I started to see how big of a cross I could make on people's heads. They got bigger and bigger. All along I was chuckling to myself. So if you see me in Hell, you will know why.

We are going on nearly 6 months with our Texas friends. That is a very long time for us to be with somebody. My brother-in-law's father had a saying that we have adopted. When people would come to visit him he would say "After 3 days you start to stink". Meaning visits shouldn't last long. I think we will have to modify that a little bit. "After 3 months, we start to stink".

We have enjoyed our time together. Don't get me wrong. We are grateful for their hospitality and friendliness. Also for the experiences we have all shared together. So come Monday, the day after the Strawberry Festival ends, people will be going their separate ways and getting back to their lives. We will quietly slip away into the night and find some more very undisclosed locations. We will become Glady's Butterpump and Tango Allejandro again.

So without further adieu, I would just like to share some pictures of the group we have been working with these many months.
Mike and Robin. Full time owners, part time mechanics but most of the time, full time problem solvers.
Mike in the zone cooking many delicious meals and on the phone taking care of business.
Harold and Barbera. Harold is a tram driver and part time mechanic. Barbera runs camp security and is a human GPS.
Photo from Robin Kephart
Poney and Susie. The teenage lovers of the group. Poney is a tram driver for VIP's, rock stars and the less fortunate. Susie is part time meal prep and fulltime wine taster. Also both are part time concert critics for the deaf.
Ronnie. Full time tram driver and part time Dennis Lee groupy.
And last but not least we have Darrell. Full time tram driver, full time comedian and fulltime singer.

That's our little group and it has been great to really get to know everyone. When we will cross paths again, we don't know. But until that day. All we can say now is that it has been an honor to be accepted as family here.

We are still working on our big announcement coming up very soon. So make sure your socks are on tight because it will knock your socks off. 

4 comments:

  1. Those picture descriptions are hilarious. Safe travels to y’all. Look forward to seeing pics from your future travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to capture the real people. There's a whole wide world out there to explore. We have our cub scout handbooks and are ready to go.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on making through all those events without running over someone! Can't what to hear you exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me. I wanted to run over a lot of people. And some I would have gone around the block just to run over them again. So I hate people again.

      Delete