I am so far behind on the blog that some readers thought that I had unexpectedly passed away. I assure you that I am alive and well (mostly well anyways). So here goes a quick abridged version of our goings on.
I left the world hanging about our April trip to the Blackhills of SD. We went out there because our "Good" friends wanted to throw me a surprise birthday party! Although telling us in advance really doesn't make it a surprise. But I will take what I can get. I turned 62 this year! That means that I can start collecting Social Security! Maybe I can finally quit slinging soup and enjoy the little things in life. Maybe even some of the finer things also since I am now collecting 3 retirement checks. Raking in the money.
So we went to the Blackhills with our new travel trailer and stayed at Jim and Barbs for a week. I guess since I was turning 62 they thought that they should teach me how to play Bingo. Being the respectful adult that I am when it comes to dealing with people so much older than myself I just nodded and went along with it. Along with their friends Dan and Bonnie, we all went out to one of the local taverns where the bingo session was taking place.
Dan, Bonnie, Barb and Jim.
It was a fun evening. Jim and Barb taught us how to handle the daubber so that we could daub like the best for them. I think if I remember right Barb or Bonnie won one game and got some bar merchandise or something of that sorts. Finally the last game was a blackout game that was worth several thousands of dollars. This is how close Lisa was to winning it.

We thought that if Lisa would have one we would have been chased out of town by the angry villagers with pitchforks and torches. At the party itself, It was again Dan and Bonnie, Jim and Barb and Lisa and I. If you count the dogs that makes eight of us all together. Biggest Party I have ever had. Dan and Bonnie gave me a box of 9mm shells which didn't last a day when I got home but they were greatly appreciated. Jim and Barb gave me an awesome T-shirt.

I actually made $1.00 selling it at our garage sale. Thanks Jim and Barb! But I wasn't the only one getting gifts that day. I gave Jim and Barb a gift. Just a token of my friendship.
It was a coaster set with pictures of me in them. Four different pictures so that they can see my beautiful face every day and be reminded of me. The gift that keeps on giving. It was a fun filled week and then it was time to head home. Soup season was about to begin and that pretty much consumes most of our days.
This season we have cut out a lot of events that weren't worth the effort. So we are working fewer events but they are better events and we are still making about the same amount of money. When I am not slinging soup I have decided to build a shed on our property. Never having done one before I think it is coming along pretty well. I started in early June with just an idea I had inside my mind.
Started with a size. 10 X 16
Plywood floor.
Started building walls.
Shed walls completed.
There's a shed on one side and the other side will be a lean to.
The ceiling joists up.
The roof is on.
Most of the steel is on now.
I am about 90% done as of today. It is going along better than I thought. I mean when you hire "Cripple Guy Construction" you just never know how it will end up. (Cripple Guy Construction is me for those who may not have known.) I just have some trim work to figure out and to build my door for it. It will be nice to get some of the equipment we have out of the barn and into the shed so we can have some room to move around.
On a more personal note. The reason that I have had the energy to do that kind of project is that I am on a GLP-1 drug. After my hip replacement surgery and the complication that followed, along with my Achilles problem, I have not been able to get up and move for any type of exercise at all. At one point I could barely make walking through Walmart. My weight increased a lot more than I would have ever liked, but it did. So I was prescribed Zepbound in February. To date I have lost 56 pounds. My energy levels are back and I am feeling pretty good. I have some other nagging issues and am trying to work through those.
This drug is pretty amazing. They say it takes away all of the food noise and that it does. I have no cravings what so ever. I don't get any hunger pains. Sometimes I just have to eat something or else I could just skip many meals altogether. Which is weird because I loved food as I am sure you could tell. Side effects have been minimal. Giving myself a shot weekly has been fine because it is an auto injector that I just stab myself with. They say that you can't eat anything deep fried because of the grease. Take my word for it. It is true. I ate an order of French fries once and my body rejected it very quickly. LOL. Lesson learned.
Now we are into August all ready. The summer has flown by. I shall try to do better with updates in the future. My bad.
You have me speechless. Which as you know, is hard to do. Speechless in the fact that you actually wrote a blog. Speechless in the fact that I am impressed with your construction skills, that shed is looking awesome. Speechless that you lost that much weight, great job! And finally, speechless in the fact that someone actually paid money to wear your likeness in public!
ReplyDeleteThanks for so many compliments. That is so unlike you. I think the person that bought the shirt owns a T-shirt company. You may see that design worldwide in the near future.
DeleteCongrats on all the accomplishments! Shed looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteGreat job on that shed Dino! Glad to hear you’re doing better too. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the support!
DeleteThe shed looks great and glad to hear you're losing some weight and feeling good. Don't work too hard this summer with the soup truck.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It's kind of sad when you wish the summer was over so we could put the soup trailer away for the season.
DeleteI knew you missed us, I hope our tiny house has plumbing can’t wait to move in!!!
ReplyDeleteWell mystery person, a bucket will be provided at no extra cost.
Delete